Medical Device Specialist
The Medical Device Specialist assists in scheduling, enrolling, and supporting patients that are equipped with a medical device to manage their chronic conditions and improve health outcomes & quality of life.
As a RPM Medical Specialist you will:
- Excel in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, entrepreneurial, and challenging environment.
- Develop strong, transferable business skills – including client service excellence, written and oral communication, client and account management, time management, problem solving, and project management.
- Understand and deploy a broad range of medical device products to creatively support clients.
- Collaborate with colleagues on and across teams to build and shape a business.
- Clinical support and patient care of chronic disease device patients
- Clinical knowledge of all manufacturer’s devices and therapies required
- Typically, a set work schedule (travel required, as needed)
- Does full evaluation and assessment of patient’s abilities; Reprograms devices as required.
- Enrolls, interrogates and programs patients with devices and recognizes abnormalities, malfunctions and alert indicators.
- Assists in scheduling patients for follow up, remote monitoring, or replacement as indicated.
- Coordinates and prioritizes with other members of the healthcare team to respond to patients, plan, and initiate timely and efficient care.
- Educates patients and families regarding device function and remote and / or clinic follow up scheduling.
- Assists with device management/tracking system and/or supply chain.
- Ensures timely and proper documentation for billing.
- Participates in the device recall, if necessary.
- Supports all aspects of documentation in the care management reporting system.
- Is available to perform duties in satellite and affiliate device clinics as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/Medical Assistant Certification or transferable work experience
- Demonstrated experience in a healthcare or related field
- Strong interest in developing the skills to excel at client service in a high-volume environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work responsibly, both independently and collaboratively, in an ever-changing, and fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Receptive to close coaching and feedback
- Desire to learn about trending healthcare topics
- Desired, but not required: Relevant experience working in medical device, life sciences, or healthcare technology sector
Apply for this Job