4D Healthware is on a mission. We empower patients to better self-manage chronic conditions by giving them the tools and support they need at home.
Our delivery model serves health plan members, contributing to higher star rankings and lower healthcare costs. We manage our patients’ complex and chronic needs from where it matters most – at home. Care provided in the home helps promote quality of life, improved health for our patients and supports the family unit, ultimately resulting in low hospital re-admission rates and reduced costs for Health plans. Our “Virtual Clinic” includes care management, telehealth and revenue cycle management and services clients of various health systems.
The Vice President of Technology and Innovation ensures the development and implementation of innovative, quality, and scalable cost-effective solutions to meet current and future needs of the company. This leader will need to be both doer and delegator, able to grow an experienced team capable of delivering day-to-day product development activities, while also providing strategic thought leadership and planning. This leader must be comfortable diving into technical details to solve challenges but also able to interpret the significance of those details as they relate to business operations and communicate the risks to the Company’s executive leadership.
This position fundamentally leads the strategy that drives our modern software development team by taking an active role in planning and facilitation to achieve our committed outcomes. This position requires solid, practical experience with Agile techniques and approaches to guide, support and improve product teams. You will collaborate intensively with your team members and product owners.
The complexity of this position requires a leadership approach that is engaging, imaginative, and collaborative, with a sophisticated ability to develop scalable, supportable, maintainable, robust, and high performing solutions that meet our own internal requirements which incorporate our client’s needs and requirements.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Math, or other engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Hybrid Solutions Engineering and Solutions Architect background. Understanding of healthcare service delivery end to end. Developing requirements for new functionality, redesigning existing applications and/or exploiting existing tools to add new features supporting team services, optimize, scale or improve stability and performance.
- Developing distributed architectures involving a number of external interfaces.
- Developing and managing the security accreditation documentation.
- Agile Scrum for software development (Agile Framework) to include sprint cycle to track all tasks and user stories.
- Utilizing GitHub in support of code management.
- Architecting and developing database designs leveraging relational databases such as Oracle and SQL Server Demonstrated Recent (past 2 years).
- AWS and/or Cloud Computing SQL Windows, and Linux operating systems Software/Database Development DevOps environment and promoting applications from one environment to another.
- Developing Angular user interfaces Java development using Spring and Hibernate.
- Developing and consuming REST web services and integrating them with SQL backend such as Oracle.
- Deploying and maintaining redundant applications hosted in Linux and using Apache with AWS Desired Skills.
- Developing wireframes and other mockups to conceptualize user interface and user experience.
- Certified in Scrum / Kanban / SAFe such as CSM or PSM or SAFe SM – At least one Scrum Certification required from Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org, Scruminc.com or SAFe.
- Exemplifies and promotes and applies Agile values and principles.
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation and coaching skills.
- Experienced with Agile Lifecycle management tools and Miro or Visio.
The Vice President of Technology and Innovation will be responsible for:
- Oversees the strategy of the Product Development department, to implement company-level continuous technological evolution, through the use of data analytics, streamlining and integrating disparate systems, establishing core metrics/KPIs, and instituting development standards and best practices.
- Oversees the preparation and final approval of project plans.
- Conducts or acquires cost analysis for development projects; prepares or delegates preparation of schedule of project completion dates.
- Ensures that projects are completed within budget and in an economical manner.
- Establishes and implements the strategic direction of the company’s engineering and development initiatives.
- Collaborates with the company’s executive leadership to develop and meet organizational goals while supplying expertise and guidance on projects, operations, and systems.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new technologies and systems to improve organizational processes and decision-making.
- Ensures that departmental decisions such as staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan and vision.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements engineering and development policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent operations.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in engineering and development related to the organizations industry.
- Negotiates cost-effective contracts for the organization; coordinates and implements contractors work, and resolves any disputes over labor, scheduling, or payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are building the future of healthcare delivery. Join us!
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2021